This post is also available in:
ES (ES) FR (FR)
The Ideaborn Foundation works by supporting the synergies between local public institutions and private organizations. Its actions support vulnerable people, governments and local bodies on issues related to access to justice. It offers support to the population in their understanding and knowledge of their rights, the obligations of the state towards them and of them with society (rights training); and the exercise of those rights. It also seeks to create synergies between alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and ordinary justice with a view to providing quality justice.
The foundation works for the promotion and dissemination of human rights through:
Actions to support local organisations.
The conception and execution of
The implementation of development
- The strengthening of systems of dialogue and conciliation that facilitate the identification of problems that lead to situations of social tension and the participatory search for solutions (transformative justice);
- The search for synergies between alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and ordinary justice with a view to providing quality justice, with special attention to the population vulnerable.. An offer whereby conflict prevention, restorative justice and retribution are coordinated and complemented with a view to providing quality justice, with special attention to the population vulnerable.
- Support to the vulnerable population in the knowledge of their rights, the obligations of the State towards them and of them towards society (rights training);
- Support to the vulnerable population in the process of access to truth, justice and compensation in the event that they have suffered a violation of their fundamental rights (exercise of rights);
- Support to civil society organizations and entities that promote the rights of victims, in the negotiation processes, with governmental entities for the handling and resolution of conflicts on issues of violation of fundamental rights.
- The conception and implementation of public policies that allow for public and private collaboration in the development of actions that prevent social alienation, exclusion and crime;
- Evaluation of detention systems and alternative systems to loss of liberty;
- Evaluation of the capabilities of local public and private organisations for the settlement of disputes resulting from the violation of fundamental rights;
- Analysis of international cooperation in the justice sector as well as the inclusion of civil society and victims in processes of democratic participation in countries with fragile democracies.
- Development, dissemination, analysis and study of projects and body of international laws and conventions that frame the development and promotion of human rights, international humanitarian law, conflict prevention and good governance;
- Citizen participation, networking and social media;
- Training in the management of projects in general and in particular those related to strengthening the supply and demand of justice and strengthening the capability of local organisations in both the public and private sectors for the prevention-solution of conflicts.